sábado, 23 de julio de 2016

Why would you eat Cottage Cheese?

Why eat Cottage Cheese if it is a the nastiest food on earth.

While being in college my budget was extremely tight for healthy foods. Obviously back then I was not aware of the many different healthy options one could purchase for a cheap price.

It all came to me by accident on a December morning of 2014. I woke up after a night of drinking and my stomach was killing me. I started to throw up and ended up in the hospital. The doctors found that I had a beginning of an ulcer. So they told that for the next five days to eat white foods with low fiber.

I told my grandmother about this and she said "what you need is Ricotta!" So I spent the following five days eating nothing but egg whites, white rice, and tons and tons of ricotta. I ate it so much of it that by the fifth day I was kind of addicted.

Then when I returned to college for the spring semester I went to buy ricotta and found out it was about $ 4. I found it quite pricey, so I looked around and found cottage cheese. This was a food that I had never even seen before in my life, but it was $2.50 and it had the same amount of protein.

I then did my research and found out the benefits of both ricotta and cottage cheese. Obviously the caloric value of ricotta is much higher, but the protein is about the same. You can get up to 25 grams of protein in a cup of cottage cheese. Not only that, but cottage cheese is high in glut-amine and casein which great for muscle recovery.

The biggest issue with cottage cheese is taste. That is why when people hear cottage cheese they say "HELL NO!" Cottage cheese is versatile and if you have an imagination you can mix it with almost anything.

For example, today for breakfast I had about one cup of cottage cheese with some frozen mixed fruit (peaches and pineapples), some coconut shavings, some flax seed and unsweetened applesauce. The taste was awesome and it was extremely palatable.

Furthermore you can add all sorts of other condiments like raw honey, strawberries, cocoa powder, maybe even use it for making smoothies with mango or banana.

This way you can get an excellent source of protein in your diet without having to disburse a lot of money our of your wallet.

Stay Real!

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario